Often, our business clients will have a website designer or web developer already lined up to work on their project, or perhaps they might even have multilpe vendors in place to work on their new website. Occasionally, a business may have a website developer who is a great programmer, but very poor at customer communication and project management. In these instances, it can be very beneficial to have a Website Project Manager available to manage all vendors, one who understands every aspect of the web development process.
As Project Manager, we will oversee all vendor relationships and manage every aspect of your web project for you. We will help set up tasks lists, timelines and testing procedures. We wll handle any issues that come up with the development team and communicate regular status updates.
Utilizing a Website Project Manager will:
- Save you precious time and allow you to focus on your day-to-day business activities
- Ensure that the website is developed exactly the way you want, with your requests explained and communicated to the design team in way that they can understand
- Make sure that every aspect of the project is understood by you and translated into layman's terms as needed
- Facilitate communication between multiple team members and multiple vendors
The details of your web project and our services will depend on your needs, but most contracts include:
- Pre-Sale support including assistance with the definition of your Project Scope and review of your Request For Quote documentation.
- Participation in vendor interviews and contract negotations.
- Establishment of timelines and benchmarks.
- Implementation of online communication and task management tools like BaseCamp.
- Monitoring of project status and communication of information and change requests.
- Testing of site functions as needed, including purchase cycle, browser compatibility, and other design/functional elements.
- Post-Project support including internet consulting, marketing recommendations, social media integration, and so on.
If you're planning a large website implementation, a dedicated project manager is a necessity. Contact us today to get started.